The aim of the course is to gain knowledge on the OpenFlow¬†standard, which represents the most important communication¬†protocol between the SDN network elements. The course analyzes¬†the protocol structure, the management of the controller¬†and the dialogue between the devices.
- Centralized and Distributed Control Plane & Data Plane
- IP e MPLS, Load Balancing, High Availability
- OpenFlow Protocol
- OpenFlow Controller
- SDN Controllers
- Network Service Functions, Network Orchestration Functions, Service Management Functions
- Application Programming Interfaces
- RESTful API
- SDN Implementations
- Technical personnel of data centers involved¬†in the migration of IT systems to¬†the SDN based cloud architectures.
- Networking infrastructure and device¬†basic understanding.