This 2-day course introduces the Modular Smart Array (MSA) solutions 2312fc, 2324 and P2000 . This course focuses on implementing and managing an MSA SAN solution. The student gains an understanding of the features, benefits, and components of each of the systems and learns the main considerations for installing, configuring, and troubleshooting the systems. The student also learns to use the various tools and utilities available for configuring and managing the array systems.
After completing this course, you will be able to:-
- Explain the product benefits and main features of the MSA products.
- Discuss the sample configurations for the MSA products.
- Discuss basic operating procedures and associated considerations.
- Identify the software applications supported on the MSA products.
- Explain the benefits of a Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Navigate and utilize the Storage Management Utility (SMU),
- Discuss and utilize the command line interface commands.
- Discuss local and remote configuration.
- Identify, locate, and discuss the functions of the hardware components including: controllers, drive enclosures and hard drives, Fibre Channel and iSCSI controller modules, expansion controller modules, power and cooling units, and related interconnect devices.
- CSG, ESS and ISS Technical.
- Presales Server.
- Storage and SWD Technical.
You should have successfully completed the following courses before attending this course:
- HP Storage Technologies WBT (U5071AAE)
- HP StorageWorks Full-Line Technical Training WBT (U4220AAE)
- HP Storage Software and Solutions Full-Line Technical WBT (U4221AAE)
- Working knowledge of Window 2000, Windows Server 2003, or Linux operating systems.