This two-day instructor-led training (ILT) course provides students with the knowledge and skills to handle the purchase, sale, and return of inventory. Students will learn how to manage sales and purchase transactions, including prices and discounts, item charges and order promising. Requisition management will be covered, as well as returns management and customer service features.
- Review the setup of Sales Order Management. This includes customers, shipping options, reservation rules, customer posting groups, and salespeople.
- Explain and process sales quotes and blanket sales orders, and review sales order information.
- Describe how to reserve items on a sales order.
- Explain how to post a sales order shipment.
- Describe and show how to combine shipments into one invoice.
- Explain and demonstrate the drop shipment process.
- Show how to process prepayments on a sales order.
- Define sales prices and set up sales prices and customer price groups.
- Explain how to maintain sales prices by using the sales price worksheet.
- Describe and set up line discounts.
- Explain how invoice discounts are used.
- Describe how to set up and use item substitutions.
- Review the setup and use of item cross references.
- Explain how to set up nonstock items and create them manually.
- Describe how to sell nonstock items by using special orders.
The intended audience includes individuals wanting to learn the basic features and to develop a working knowledge of the typical day-to-day procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics NAV Trade.