This course is intended to provide attendees with a solid competency in the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000. This dive into the technical challenges in enterprise voice, Microsoft and BroadSoft environments will highlight the importance of highly scalable and flexible Unified Communications devices to meet the needs of todayâ€™s advanced VoIP deployments, both in the Enterprise as well as Service Provider environments. The course will start by looking at the detailed technical positioning and advanced voice solutions using Sonus products, and continues with hands-on sessions configuring the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000. The focus is to build equipment implementation planning, configuration and troubleshooting skills required for all deployments such as ISDN trunks, SIP Trunks and integration into Microsoft and BroadSoft environments.
With an emphasis on understanding call flows through the devices, different call routing scenarios are presented and configured, including Active Directory and Survivable Branch Appliance integration. At the end of the class a practical and theoretical exam will be taken for assessment purposes. In order to achieve certification, you must pass the practical exam with a score of 100% and the theoretical exam with a score of 80% or higher. You will be required to view 2 videos prior to class. A very brief review of those modules will be done in class to provide an opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding the material. You will receive more information regarding the videos when you register for this training.
Both enterprise VoIP and Unified Communications networks present unique challenges. This course aims to instruct in the understanding of implementation, configuration and basic troubleshooting of the SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 in these environments.
Module 1 â€“ Introduction
- Course Overview
- Lab connectivity
- Sonus Product Portfolio
- Why SBC’s are required
Module 2 â€“ Hardware Architecture
- SBC Hardware Overview
- SBC 1000 (V1 and V2) and SBC 2000 HW Architecture
- Application Solution Module Hardware
- SBC-ASM Hardware Architecture
Module 3 â€“ Initial Setup
- Rack Installation
- Admin Connectivity Options
- Initial Setup Screen
- Software acquisition
- SBC Full and Partial factory default
- ASM Initialization
Module 4 â€“ User Interface
- Scale and Capacity
- SBC GUI
- Tasks Tab
- Monitor Tab
- Settings Tab (Licenses and Ports)
- Easy Configuration Wizards (SIP, SBA and CCE)
- RDP Access
- Hyper-V and VM’s
- Supported 3rd Party Applications
- Configuration Backup/Restore
- Patch Firmware Upgrade
Module 5 â€“ Basic Call Setup
- Basic SIP-SIP Call Configuration
- Overview of LX
Module 6 – Call Flow Architecture
- Naming Conventions
- Signaling Groups
- Call Routing Tables
- Transformation Tables
- Regular Expressions
System engineers, consultants and integrators, including members of Sonus Channel Partners working toward technical accreditation, responsible for the implementation, management and support of Sonus VoIP equipment within enterprise VoIP and Microsoft Skype for Business environments.
- SBA ELearning Video
- CCE ELearning Video
- Microsoft Active Directory, Skype for Business competency and an understanding of PBX and IP telephony concepts such as ISDN, SIP and CAS.
- Basic familiarity with Regular Expressions (Regex).
- You will be required to view 2 videos prior to class. A very brief review of those modules will be done in class to provide an opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding the material. You will receive more information regarding the videos when you register for this training.