This two day course will beÂ a deep dive into the areas of performance troubleshooting a NAV/SQL system â€“ platform/infrastructure, query strategy/programming and blocking/deadlocking.
It will be explained where problems can originate from, how to detect & analyze them and finally how to potentially resolve them.
Doing so, plenty of useful tools will also be demonstrated and provided, to enable the attendees to start the optimization of their NAV/SQL systems themselves.
Day 1 – session 1:
Windows Performance Monitoring:
- Windows Performance Monitor
- SQL Server Environment
- Configuration of SQL Server and Database
- SQL Server Wait Statistics
- NAV Client/Service Tier Environment
- Configuration of NST
- Indexes with NAV & SQL
- Expensive Queries & SQL Profiling
- Query Execution Plans & Missing Index Proposals
- FIND commands
- NAV 2013+: â€śSQL Traceâ€ť & â€śNAV Application Profilerâ€ť
Day 2 – Session 3:
- Lock Modes
- Lock Granularity
- Transaction Isolation Levels
- Detecting Blocks
- Detecting Deadlocks
- Prevention & Resolution
- Database Maintenance
- Backup Strategy & High Availability
- Security & Auditing
- Data Compression
- experienced NAV/SQL Administrators
- experiences NAV Developers
- General knowledge about computer hardware and Windows OS.
- Basic knowledge and experience in SQL Server and Dynamics NAV installation & configuration.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in NAV programming.