Utilities today are not only focused on just â€˜keeping the lights onâ€™â€”their operating mandate has expanded to broadly encompass the reliable and economical delivery of high quality, sustainable energy while maintaining ongoing augmentation endeavors within four key areas: Energy delivery, customer engagement, asset life-cycle management & optimization. The above vision has resulted in expanding the Smart Grid initiative in Utilities to include the adoption of Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) Convergence (IT/OT Convergence), and a need for applicable architectures and solutions.
Fast Laneâ€™s IoT Account Team â€“ Utilities Workshop is a 1 day, whole team jumpstart into account team planning targeting IoT & industrial networking opportunities in the Energy & Utilities industry sector. This dedicated onsite program allows Partner IoT teams to get a lay of the Utilities landscape, and a deeper understanding of the care-abouts of the key stakeholders in the market. This workshop includes team building exercises that help establish the roles, responsibilities and processes that support a business outcome-based IoT Sales Model.
Upon completion of Fast Laneâ€™s IoT Account Team â€“ Utilities Workshop, participants will have a baseline understanding of the Utilities market with respects to IT/OT convergence. IoT Account Team roles will be defined and explored in the context of account planning for utilities market customers. Also included:
- Review current utility industry insights and existing landscape
- Understand the Utility Industryâ€™s major business, functional and regulatory requirements
- Practice customer conversations on designing IoT Solutions for Utility customers
IoT Account Team – Utilities Workshop
Objective: Understanding the current landscape and industry insights within the Utilities Vertical, and apply it to account team planning.
- IoT and the Utilities Vertical Landscape
- Existing approaches in Infrastructure Zones (Generation, Transmission, Substation and Distribution)
- Existing approaches in consumer zones (Home, Building, Data Centers and Distributed Generation and Storage)
- Current Challenges within Utilities (Energy delivery, customer engagement, asset life-cycle management & optimization)
- Business Goals and Functional Requirements for IT/OT Convergence initiatives
- NERC-CIP Regulatory Mandates
- Network Management
- Contact Centers
- Data Analytics
- Business Outcomes desired in the Utilities Vertical
- Industry Trends leading to IT/OT Convergence, the next evolution of the Smart Grid
- Industry drivers of IT/OT Convergence
- Understand the opportunity that IT/OT Convergence creates
- Workshop Exercise: mapping business outcomes to initiatives around IT/OT Convergence
- Participants should have a high-level understanding of Cisco Internet of Things Portfolio for Utilities.
- Completion of the ICS Fundamentals for Network Engineers (ICINS) E-Learning is recommended.