This three day course assists System Administrators to identify, manage, configure, and update the HP Virtual Connect Manager and associated components. An architecture overview ensures understanding of the Virtual Connect Ethernet, FlexFabric, and Fibre Channel components and their function. Hands-on labs provide Domain and Profile configuration and a variety of network scenarios.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:-
- Understand and configure Virtual Connect components.
- Configure a VC Domain (including profiles, networks, and storage connectivity.
Benefits to you
- Understand the various product and firmware versions which will be required in the solution.
- Be able to perform effective local and remote administration using HP Virtual Connect Manager.
- Identify the HP BladeSystem Virtual Connect Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and Flex-Fabric modules.
- Access the VC Manager.
- Plan and complete firmware updates.
- Gain the ability to perform successful site planning and infrastructure design needed to deploy an HP Virtual Connect solution.
- Configure simple and complex HP Virtual Connect environments using the GUI and CLI.
System Administrators, engineers and consultants who will plan and manage the HP Virtual Connect environment.
HP recommends that students have attained the following credentials or levels of experience before taking this course:-
- Completion of HP BladeSystem Administration (HE646)
- Basic Windows Server 2003 knowledge