The CWS training prepares you for the Certified Wireless Specialist exam. This certification validates the knowledge of wireless sales, marketing, entry-level support, and decision-making professionals related to 802.11 Wireless Networks.
The learning materials explain the language of Wi-Fi as well as the typical hardware and software used in wireless local area networks (WLANs). From radio frequency (RF) to Wi-Fi client devices, the CWS learns the terminology and processes of Wi-Fi.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Understand Basic RF Hardware and Functions
- Identify 802.11 Features and Functions
- Identify Wireless LAN Hardware and Software
- Understand Organizational Goals
- Identify RF Characteristics
- Explain basic RF Behaviours
- Understand Antenna Types
The 802.11 Standard
- Know the Frequency bands used
- Identify PHY Characteristics
Channel Plans and Performance Factors
- Select appropriate channel plans
- Identify factors implementing wlan performance
- Understand the basic requirements for VoWLAN
WLAN Security, BYOD and Guest Access
- Explain the basic differences between WPA and WPA2 Security
- Determine the best solution for BYOD and Guest Access
Enhanced 802.11 Functions
- Describe features of enhanced 802.11 functions
- Explain the requirements of fast and secure roaming for non-technical professions
Wireless Access Points
- Identify AP features and capabilities
- Describe AP management Systems
- Determine capabilities of Client devices
- Discover client devices and applications in use
The Certified Wireless Specialist (CWS) is a certification that validates the knowledge of wireless sales, marketing, entry-level support, and decision-making professionals related to 802.11 wireless networks.
Students should have basic networking knowledge, including understanding of the OSI Reference model.