This course enables a network administrator to deploy a wireless LAN (WLAN) enterprise solution through the identification and successful implementation of site-appropriate hardware and software features in a Cisco Unified Wireless Network.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Identify how theÂ CUWNÂ solution meets the challenges of successful WLAN deployments.
- Select and properly install the Cisco Unified Wireless Network hardware appropriate to site and use requirements.
- AdministerÂ CUWN, 802.11 security policies, and QoS appropriately to protect and optimize performance on the wireless network.
- Configure and implement the keyÂ CUWNÂ security features to mitigate WLAN security threats.
- Utilize a recommended troubleshooting methodology and the various tools available to gather and assess system data to isolate equipment failures and security threats.
1:Cisco Wireless LAN Solution
- Characterizing Cisco Enterprise Wireless LAN
- Understanding Hardware Models
- Describing WLC Terms and Protocols
2:CUWNÂ Installation and Configuration
- Installing Hardware Components
- Configuring the WLC Setup
- Configuring WLC Settings
- Configuring LAG
- Describing AP Operational Modes
- Configuring 802.11 Protocols, Performance Optimization and Auto RF
- Implementing Cisco CleanAir
- Associating an AP to a WLC
- Configuring Mobility Groups and Roaming
- Administering Individual WLANs and AP Groups
- Configuring QOS
- Performing General Administration
- Describing 802.11 Weak Security Policy
- Configuring Security Parameter
- ConfiguringÂ CUWNÂ to Support 802.1X Authentication
5:Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Gathering VLAN Traffic and other Data
- Configuring Policies and Management
- Loading Device Code and Managing Configuration Data
- Channel Partner / Reseller
- Cisco CCNAÂ® or equivalent work experience- ICND1 and ICND2 or CCNABC
- Familiarity with Windows and Windows networking
- Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials (IUWNE)