The Cisco Prime‚ĄĘ Optical Operation and Maintenance (version 9.8) is a lab-intensive course that introduces you to the Cisco Prime Optical management application. It is instructor-led and offered by Learning Services High-Touch Delivery.
Cisco¬ģ Prime Optical is the network management system used to manage all Cisco optical devices and high-end routers. The Cisco Prime Optical Operation and Maintenance (version 9.8) course enables students to use the Prime Optical network management system to manage a variety of Cisco optical devices. Working in small groups of two to three people, students complete a wide range of tasks covering many functionalities of the Cisco Prime Optical software.
The program starts with the installation procedures of the client, followed by the management of the network elements and administration of Cisco Prime Optical software and users. The focus is on element management, including configuration, performance monitoring, inventory, security, fault management, reporting, system administration, and troubleshooting.
Students gain an understanding of the primary components of Cisco Prime Optical and the underlying architecture; the Cisco Prime Optical user interface; the configuration of network elements, DWDM circuits, network and circuit mapping, and VLAN management; fault and security management with detailed labs on network element alarms; user security; and general administration of Prime Optical.
This course also covers the new features and functionality of Cisco Prime Optical 9.8. It combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to help you successfully deploy Cisco Prime Optical to manage your network.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Install and start the client software
- Identify the major functionalities of Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Cisco Prime Optical
- Operate Cisco Prime Optical
- Add new groups and network elements
- Create DWDM and TDM circuits
- Understand CPT MPLS-TP tunnels and pseudowire connections
- Perform user administration
- Perform network elements security
- Perform security management
- Use performance monitoring
- Use fault management
- Perform alarm features
- Perform general administration
- Use reporting features
- Module 1: Introduction to Network Management Using Cisco Prime Optical
- Module 2: Cisco Prime Optical GUI
- Module 3: Cisco Prime Optical Usage
- Module 4: Fault and Security Management
- Module 5: General Administration
- Lab 1: Cisco Prime Optical GUI Familiarization
- Lab 2: Optical Provisioning
- Lab 3: Security Management
- Lab 4: Network Element Backup and Upgrade
This course is designed for technicians who set up and operate the Cisco Prime Optical software, including optical element management, configuration, performance monitoring, inventory, security, fault management, and reporting. The primary audience for this course includes:
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers
A working knowledge of optical equipment, including SONET or SDH fundamentals, and DWDM fundamentals
- Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) from Installation to Protection FITP10
- Advanced Services‚Äô Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP Release 9.2 Advanced Topics and Data over DWDM