Acquiring the knowledge of infrastructure, equipment and software¬†used by Storage Area Network in the Big Data era. Starting¬†from the analysis of modern high-performance SAN platforms,¬†the course describes the most important features including the direct communication with the hypervisor, the mechanisms of¬†Fast Replication, Smart Caching and Data Protection. Finally,¬†the implementations of new networks Cloud Object Storage in¬†the HTTP Content-based are discussed.
- Storage networks with SAN Controller and NAS
- From HDD to SSD technology evolution
- High performant Block Storage with iSCSI and Fibre Channel
- Cloud Oriented Object Storage Based on REST (RPC)
- OpenStack Swift as the Object Storage manager
- Implementations of Next Gen. Storage: Rackspace, NASA, Amazon Web Services EC2 and S3
- Interworking between SAN equipment and the Hypervisors
- Object Storage Virtual Machines via HTTP/REST
- Virtual Switches and Virtual Firewalls for Storage Networks
- Technical personnel and network administrators¬†responsible for Big Data¬†service management, both for internal¬†use and for Cloud Storage as a Service¬†customers.
- TCP/IP Suite basic understanding.