The Beginning Serverless Architectures with Microsoft Azure is a one-day course which balances theory and hand-on applications that are focused on practical takeaways. This course will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to serverless computing on Azure functions and their advantages. The course addresses the integration of Azure products, App Insights and Security. Lastly, you will be able to deploy Azure with legacy applications to build an entire serverless backend in a day on Azure.
Serverless Architectures with Azure is the dynamic allocation of cloud computing resources which is an offering from Microsoft.
This is a 1-day course which balances theory and hand-on applications that are focused on practical takeaways to learn Azure.
This course complies with instructional designing principles for all the 3 lessons. This will ensure that you repeat and reinforce your gained knowledge at every step. Each and every minute spent during this 1-day course will incrementally take you to a next level.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Azure Functions
- Understanding the Real Benefits of Serverless Computing
- Create, Debug, and Deploy an Azure Function
- Technical Basis of Azure Functions
Lesson 2: Deploying Azure Serverless
- Integrating with other Azure Products
- Logging with App Insights
- Security with API Keys
Lesson 3: Architechting Serverless Solutions From Scratch
- Architecting Greenfield Serverless Applications
- Integrating Azure Functions with Legacy Applications
This course is aimed at back-end developers or cloud engineers with some Azure experience who may have heard of serverless but have not created serverless applications before.
For successful completion of this course, students will require computer systems with the following:
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or equivalent
- Memory: Minimum 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk: Minimum 10 GB
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher
- Internet connection
- Browser: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (Latest updates installed)
- Postman App for API Development Environment
- Visual Studio 2017 with Azure Development Workflow, Latest version
- Node.js with azure-functions-core-tools Version 1.x installed via npm
- .NET framework 4.6 or higher