This Beginning PHP course will get you up to speed starting with basic concepts such as variables, data types, arrays and loops. It then progresses to more advanced concepts such as building your own frameworks and creating your own app. PHP is a dynamic language which allows developers to create interactive server-side scripts. PHP is widely known and used by developers all over the world.
Developing a website is a priority these days if you want to start your business on the Internet. Designing and development are the steps that are a foundation to any website. PHP is commonly used for website and web application development. PHP is a general-purpose language which is built to make dynamic pages and applications on the server-side.
PHP is secure, fast, and reliable and offers lots of advantages that make it accessible to a lot of people. PHP has gained the title as one of the most commonly used programming languages for the web industry.
It is estimated that over 83% of websites in the market use PHP as its scripting language for server-side transactions. PHP is used by tech giants like Facebook, Wikipedia, Tumbler, and so on. Take this course if you want to learn the server-side scripting language used by developers all over the world.
PHP has an easy learning curve and has a very user-friendly approach. It is used in almost all domains, including social media, medical, travel, and so on. Want to get up to speed with the latest PHP 7.0 version? If your answer is yes, then you should take this course.
Lesson 1: Variables, Data Types, Operators and Conditionals
- The Basics
Lesson 2: Array and Loops
Lesson 3: Functions and Classes
Lesson 4: Data Operations
- Inputting and Outputting Data
- MySQL Basics
Lesson 5: Building a PHP Web Application
- Concepts of OOP in a Framework Environment
- Structure of a Framework
Lesson 6: Building a PHP Framework
- Setting up a Project Development Environment
- Configuration Class, Default Classes, and Routing
- The Base Controller
- Working with PDO
Lesson 7: Authentication and User Management
- Setting Up Paths and Inclusion of BootstrapConfiguration Class, Default Classes, and Routing
- Adding Security to the Project
- Password Recovery
- Building CRUD for User Management
Lesson 8: Building a Contacts Management System
- CRUD, the Contact Application
- Comments, Joins, and Date Formatting
This Beginning PHP course is for anyone interested and wants to learn about the fundamentals of PHP programming.
This course will require a computer system for the instructor and one for each student. The minimum hardware requirements are as follows:
- Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Internet connection
For this course, we will use the following software:
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- WAMP server for Windows
- LAMP server for Linux
- MAMP Server for Mac
- Browser: The latest version of one or more browsers (Internet Explorer 11 or Chrome 54.0.2840 or newer is recommended)
- A text editor like Notepad or Sublime Text
- Before you start with this course, you’ll need to install PHP server like WAMP and text editor like Notepad++ or Sublime Text.