The Comware Foundations course introduces network professionals to the basic features of modern networks such as VLANs, redundancy technologies such as MSTP,IRF, link aggregation technologies like LACP, static IP routing, and dynamic routing with OSPF.
In this course participants will learn how these technologies are implemented in the HP Comware 7 switch platform, and will have opportunities to practice configuring these features, monitor their functionality, and design a solution based on provided criteria.
This course also includes an introduction to network management with HP’s Intelligent Management Center (IMC) version 7.
This course is approximately 40 percent lecture and learning activities and 60 percent hands-on lab activities.
- Describe how HP’s FlexNetwork strategy applies to components such as FlexCampus, FlexBranch, FlexManagement and Software-Defined Networks (SDN).
- Navigate the HP Comware CLI and manage the flash file system.
- Configure VLANs on HP Comware switches.
- Configure a Comware switch for DHCP server and DHCP relay.
- Understand how different varieties of spanning tree are implemented on Comware switches.
- Differentiate between static and dynamic link aggregation.
- Identify applications for static and dynamic routing.
- Understand the basic operation of HP’s Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF).
- Describe how the Multi-Active Detection (MAD) protocol deals with an IRF split stack.
- Identify the components and protocols that support HP’s Intelligent Management Center.
- Differentiate applications for two- and three-tier network designs.
- Based on a given scenario, choose appropriate link types and redundancy solutions.
- Protect devices with local and remote authentication using telnet, SSH, web, and SNMP access.
- Upgrade the Comware switch operating system.
- Implement basic routing on directly connected VLANs or links.
- Interpret Comware logs.
- Configure multiple spanning tree and apply STP security features.
- Configure and troubleshoot link aggregation on HP switches.
- Configure single-area OSPF routing.
- Identify IRF’s advantages when compared with other technologies that manage redundant paths.
- Configure and verify a simple IRF topology.
- Install IMC and use it to configure and monitor network devices.
- Identify an appropriate VLAN design based on a given scenario.
- Use best practices for IP addressing and OSPF routing when implementing a network design.
IT professionals who will deploy and manage networks based on HP Comware products.
Students should possess experience with networking and common LAN protocols.